Women peacemakers born today
- 1805 Angelina Grimké Weld born Charleston, SC (d. 1879). Garrisonian abolitionist; nonviolent pacifist; Quaker women's rights speaker.
- 1941 Buffy Sainte-Marie born Saskatchewan, Canada. Canadian First Nation (Cree) singer; adherent of Bahá'í faith of international peace. Her song "Universal Soldier" protested the Vietnam War, 1963.
Women's peacemaking on this day
- 1957 UN General Assembly approved Convention on Nationality of Women.
- 1983 Petra Kelly advanced the German Green Party's Nuremberg Appeal, opposing nuclear weapons.
- 1985 "Peace Exercises" protest of Songsters Opposed to Nuclear Genocide, in New Haven, Connecticut.
- 1995 Four women arrested at Livermore Lab for climbing fence to protest violations of Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.